Warranty & Serivce Plans
Product Limited Warranty
HITEC warrants that its products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for (1) year from the date of purchase by the original end user, unless otherwise specified.
During the warranty period, HITEC will, have the option to:
1. Provide replacement parts necessary to repair the product
2. Repair the product or replace it with a comparable product
You must obtain warranty service from HITEC. HITEC will not reimburse you for repair service performed by others. Replacement parts and products will be new or serviceably used, comparable in function and performance to the original part, and warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or, if longer, (90) days after they are shipped to you. If HITEC asks you to return defective parts or products, you must do so within 5 days after you receive the return authorization for the customer service department.
HITEC does not warrant and is not responsible for damages caused by misuse, abuse, accidents, acts of God or unauthorized service of parts.
How To Obtain Warranty And Out-Of-Warranty Service On Your Hitec Products
Give Us a Call
We may be able to help you solve the problem over the phone.
You can reach us Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central at:
(800) 965-9043 (Phone)
(888) 814-5359 (TTY)
Sending Your Product to Our Service Center
If you determine that your product needs to be serviced, you can send your product to the HITEC National Service Center.
Follow these steps:
1. Please use the original shipping carton if possible, or pack the product(s) in a sturdy carton with sufficient packing material to prevent damage. We recommend that you insure your package for the full value and retain all shipping documentation until your product is returned. HITEC is not responsible for lost or damage to the product during shipment; any claims should be made with your carrier.
2. In a brief note, please explain the problem you are experiencing with the product.
3. Include both the shipping address to return product (we cannot ship to PO Boxes – a valid street address is required) and the name and telephone number of person to call, should contact be necessary.
4. A valid proof-of-purchase indicating the date of purchase is required to be included for all warranty service. A valid proof of purchase would be: (1) a copy of the receipt from the retailer, reseller or distributor and (2) a copy of the cancelled check reflecting your purchase (do not send originals) and (3) a copy of your state voucher or packing slip (if you received your phone from a state distribution program). NOTE: YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO YOU.
5. For out-of-warranty service, you may call for an estimate of the repair costs and include payment along with your product. If, any reason, the repair charges exceed the estimated amount, you will be notified before any further repairs are made.
6. Ship the product to our United States service center:
| ||HITEC National Service Center |
1743 Quincy Avenue, Suite 155
Naperville, IL 60540
7. Once the product is received by HITEC, service takes approximately 10-14 days to test, then repair/replace. HITEC will ship it back to you by UPS ground service. All repairs that are preformed are covered by a 90-days warranty.
Clear Protection Service Plan
Peace of Mind!
At HITEC, we understand that conversations no matter how small are important to you and your loved ones, so we’ve created the Clear Protection Service Plan. With the Clear Protection Service Plan, for a minimal cost your HITEC products will be protected for a period of (1) year beyond the manufacturer warranty. During the extended warranty period HITEC will repair or replace your product, no questions asked. The Clear Protection Service Plan will make sure you or your loved ones never miss a word.
Warranty & Service Plans: After 30 Days
Most of these products come with a manufacturer's warranty. Each manufactuer sets the guidelines for protecting their products from defects. If a product becomes defective after 30 days from purchase, HITEC will direct you as to where to send the product for repair.
ClearSounds Products Extended Service Plans
ClearSounds Communiations offers extended service plans for some of their products. For a small fee, they will extend the life of your ClearSounds product beyond the one-year manufacturer's warranty. To learn more about this service please call our customer solutions department at 800.288.8303.
Provide your zipcode for real-time freight cost. (U.S. only)